From the theoretical level we will delve into major cultural industries, mostly engaged with the written and spoken word, such as Theatre, Geographical Descriptions of the World, News, and the Printing Industry.
Time, location and price
- 31 October - 12 December 2022
- Monday and Thursday, 13:00-15:00
- PC Hoofthuis 4.11 (Monday) and 5.08 (Thursday)
- Costs: € 190 (AUV-members € 171)
For the current study schedule, please consult the UvA timetable website.
Important to know
- Registration deadline: 23 October 2022
- Study materials: articles, book chapters, and primary documents (to be published)
- You can only audit an OUC, which means that you may only attend lectures and cannot attend seminars, take part in the examination, or obtain ECTS credits.
Public programme Humanities
This Open UvA Course is part of the Faculty of Humanities' public programme. Beside Open UvA Courses, the public programme also comprises special lectures and series of courses. The public programme is intended for alumni, employees looking for extra training, and all others who are interested in art, culture, philosophy, language and literature, history and religion.